Thursday, September 8, 2011

My digital life

Hello, world! Here is my first post in this blog. :D
Actually it has been a long time for me not writing any formal piece on web… I am a bit frustrated about the things I wrote, whether it is suitable or not. Please forgive me if I am off-topic…(><”)   



I believe I’m a ‘digital native’ as suggested by Prensky. I have tried most form of digital tools and find them completely matched with my life.  Most frequent tool that I use is the Facebook. It is not suprise that people at all ages, especially teenagers, use this platform intensively as it provides numerous opportunities that connect people. For me, it seems like a free-of-charge super social connector. It is so convenient all friends will notice your actions when I click a button. But that also reminds me the importance of privacy and appropriateness of comments. And yet, it is curiosity of people that start up the trend.

Another communication tools that I use frequently are the email and MSN messager.  They are the essential part of my daily life. For email, it is an important channel for me to keep in touch with all people I know. If I don't view the webmail of my university frequently, I could probably miss the lessons due to change of venues and time. Thus It is vital to view the mailbox everyday. I use MSN as intent chatting tool with friends. I think it's a great invention for the web-enabled MSN attached within hotmail. As I don't need to open the MSN messager and hotmail with separate windows, how lazy am I! :P
Is forum considered as a type of digital tool? If yes, I also like to keep wandering around the forums and leave comments......I think it's a fabulous place for people with same interest to share their thoughts within a topic. This is one of the forum that I always browse: www.Uwants.com  (OK, I have said enough. There are also other tools that I have not told but I think it would take 1 more day to complete the post...)

Then, what I would like to learn on this course is how languages being changed after the invention of digital tools. It would be interesting to see what kinds are 'new languages' and how they change the communication between people.

2 comments:

  1. Digital world is like another world we need to get in touch so often that makes me feels like we are living in 2 worlds at the same time.
    I do consider forum as one of it, people do get info and talk about almost everything there too =)
    Such an interesting world of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your digital life is so interesting for me. Nice to be your classmate.

    ReplyDelete